Freie Software PDF-Leser

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Fr Dez 12 16:10:56 UTC 2008

Hallo zusammen,

hier mal die Ankündigung von unserer Englischen Diskussionsliste. Wir
wollen hier mal noch etwas Rückmeldung einholen, Übersetzungen machen
und das ganze dann vermutlich Anfang Januar noch in einer
Pressemitteilung ankündigen.

Falls ihr pdfreaders.org verlinkt, dann schickt doch bitte kurz wo ihr
das gemacht habt.

Ansonsten natürlich nochmal vielen Dank an Hannes, Henner, Markus und
all die anderen Leute, die hier mitgeholfen haben.

----- Forwarded message from HennR <discodestroyer at gmx.net> -----

    Dear Fellows,

    during our regular meetings in the Berlin Fellowship group we
    discussed how PDF is a very useful format, but its usage often goes
    hand in hand with promotion of proprietary software, even though
    there are Free Software PDF readers. So we decided to do something
    about it.

    Over the past months we discussed with other Fellows across Europe
    on discussions at lists.fsfe.org, what we should be doing. Together we
    have set up an initiative for promoting Free Software PDF readers at
    http://pdfreaders.org.

    The idea is that web masters should have an alternative for the "Get
    Adobe Reader"-Buttons, linking to pdfreaders.org to inform people
    about Free Software PDF readers and where to find them. There are
    several buttons for pdfreaders.org that can be used for this purpose
    online at http://pdfreaders.org/graphics.html.

    When people then visit pdfreaders.org, they will get some very brief
    information about Open Standards and Free Software, and why they
    matter - along with information about the Free Software PDF readers
    and links for more information.

    We hope that you will help us to put these buttons on all sites that
    use PDF.

    Greetings from Berlin,
    HennR and Hannes

----- End forwarded message -----

Viele Grüße
Matthias

--
Stellvertretender Deutschlandkoordinator, Fellowshipkoordinator
Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) []         (http://fsfeurope.org)