definiton of FS Business urgent since years

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Di Jun 13 08:44:11 UTC 2006

[ Da es meine E-Mails nicht nach discussion@ schaffen
und ich auch keine Rückantwort zu eventuellen Problemen
bekommen habe, kopiere ich diese E-Mail auf die deutsche
Liste. Vielleicht kann ja jemand mit mehr Macht
die Diskussion auf die englische Liste bringen? ]

Hello,

every couple of years I point out to (parts of) this group
how tremendous important it is to finalize what has been
begun as GNU Business Network Definition [1].

It seems I am not the only one who cares [2].

As an example take my newest problem I have because
of the absense of a good and official definition:

A large fair plans to have a special area for companies
offering Free Software solutions.
Many companies apply that I personally regard as
hostile against the Free Software concept.
We have no guide to give to the organizers upon which
they can simply say who's accepted for the area and
who does not qualify.
It would have been good to prevent the hijacking of
the area by a big marketing budget of companies
who at best haven't understood at all about freedom in
software and its commercial vitality and customer benefit.

Best

	Jan

[1] http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/gnubiz-disc/2000-December/000014.html
[2] http://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/maffulli/rants/defining_free_software_business