Volunteer needed for BGW (was: Brave GNU World)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Mo Jan 9 14:40:54 UTC 2006

 || On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:13:46 +0100
 || "Alain M. Lafon" <preek at stud.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

 aml> I'm a native german speaker, too, but I'd like to help by doing
 aml> a "rough" translation - after I've finished people may judge
 aml> wheter it is worth to be read by others. Are we talking about
 aml> 8-12 issues here?

The last translated issue is #59.

Last weekend I wrote issue #82.

So we are talking 23 issues overall... quite a bit of work. It seems
too much for any single person, but maybe together we can get them
translated.

There is a Brave GNU World project on Savannah [1] that is used to
administrate write access to the BGW web page. If anyone feels like
putting German issues online, I can email them to you to be put into
the standard template that is used on the site.

Given that this is mainly all done by hand, it would seem a task for
someone who can do scripting and/or is willing to set up a CMS. Such a
CMS could probably be hosted on FSFE's servers if we had someone/a
group to get it up and running & administrate it afterwards.

Connecting it somehow with the Fellowship [2] would seem interesting.

In the end, I am more concerned about getting it done than how exactly
it is done -- although I would like to be involved in the design of
the page and its look & feel at least a little bit.

Someone to pick this task up would effectively have a good bit of
conceptual freedom in how to do it, though.

Regards,
Georg

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/bravegw/
[2] http://www.fsfe.org