Join the revolution

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Di Mai 31 10:59:30 UTC 2005

Hallo zusammen
werft mal einen Blick auf [1], ich kann es aus eigener Erfahrung nur
empfehlen.

Liebe Grüße,
Matze

Free Software Foundation Europe seeks intern
31 May 2005, Karsten Gerloff

Before starting with the details, a few words about my own experience as
an FSFE intern:

If you've followed my blog, you will have an idea of what I did with my
time. The FSFE is a great place to work, and I've enjoyed almost every
single day. In few other companies or organisations would I have had the
chance to do useful work and learn in an international context like I
did here. Take this chance, if you can.

*Job description*:

The intern will work as the only dedicated full-time office person of
FSFE, as well as take the role of an assistant to FSFE's president.
This involves - among many other tasks - implementation of PR activities
and communication with contacts from the community, NGOs, and industry,
as well as general office tasks. The intern will coordinate volunteers
and FSFE team members during work on various projects. She or he will
also manage the president's travel plan and occasionally accompany the
president on his travels.

*Requirements*:

- interest in and passion for Free Software, as well as a solid basic
  knowledge of the concept
- organisation and improvisation skills
- ability to integrate into young, motivated and professional team
- good working knowledge of English, other languages welcome, ability to
  understand/speak German is a plus.
- basic acquaintance with working on GNU/Linux systems - alternatively,
  you will be migrated at the start of your internship.
- no programming skills required. Basic HTML knowledge will do. An
  affinity to technology and willingness to learn are indispensable,
  though.
- internship duration: four months minimum.
- Starting date: As soon as possible. Preferrably tomorrow ;-) (You had
  better get used to this sort of deadline.)

*The Free Software Foundation Europe offers you*:

- a truly challenging and exciting time with a dynamic NGO active on an
  international level
- occasion to take responsibility for your own area of work close-up
  view of organisational and community processes
- chance to take the initiative and put your ideas into practice
- a chance to travel with the president to interesting places, meeting
  Free Software advocates across Europe

*Who can apply*:

Everybody fulfilling the above criterions, it doesn't matter if you are
an computer science, law, economic, social or political student; we like
diversity to get new ideas.

The intern will be based in FSFE's office in Hamburg, Germany. This is a
full-time job. You have been warned. Please direct your application (in
English) containing a letter of motivation, a CV and references, as well
as any questions you might have, to:

office at fsfeurope.org

We are looking forward to receiving your application.

Best regards,
Karsten Gerloff
Free Software Foundation Europe, Office

  1. http://www.fsfeurope.org/contribute/internship.en.html