FSFE Netherlands online get-together 21 December

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas at pettiaux.be
Wed Dec 21 10:43:00 UTC 2022

Hello,

I would have liked to attend. Even a virtual meeting allows to see the
faces, which is a first way to get to know each other. But tonight, it
is impossible.

I would very much like to know the people who are active in this Benelux
FSFE chapter, especially in Belgium, both in Dutch and in French.

I think it is necessary to do something to remind the politicians
(ministers especially) of the Walloon Region and of the « Fédération
Wallonie-Bruxelles » that in 2019 (as in 2009) thay have written a
strong commitment to support and use Free Software largely ... which is
still not enforced !

See
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standards_ouverts_et_logiciels_libres_en_Belgique#Communaut%C3%A9_fran%C3%A7aise

And follow up the carte blanche that was written in July 2020
https://wiki.educode.be/doku.php/texte/2020-07-07_carte_blanche_-_des_outils_numeriques_libres_dans_l_enseignement
and signed by many elected representatives and other people

We (Educode, that is mainly Erick Mascart and myself, more and more with
Olivier Meunier) plan to do a Belgian French speaking version of the
Dutch petition for Free software in schools. See Erick's message on the
CEDO-EU matrix channel.

I have put in cc. other Belgian people and groups (bxlug and abelli) who
could be interested to join.

I propose to follow up in the FSFE matrix channel #community:fsfe.org or
in the #cedo-eu:matrix.org channel.

Best regards,

Nicolas

--
*Nicolas Pettiaux*, PhD in Physics - gsm +32 496 24 55 01
Communication sécurisée avec element.io <https://element.io> :

Boites mail éthiques, légales, sécurisées avec agendas, contacts,
documents, photos, tâches ...
Stocker, synchroniser, collaborer, partager, sécuriser ... avec
nubo.coop <url=https://nubo.coop> ou ik.me <https://ik.me> ou
mailfence.com <https://mailfence.com>.