Dutch planet

Maurice mho at fsfe.org
Sun Jan 19 20:25:45 CET 2014

> On 01/19/2014 12:57 PM, Jelle Hermsen wrote:
>> Op zondag 19 januari 2014 heeft Kevin Keijzer
>> <the_unconventional at fsfe.org <mailto:the_unconventional at fsfe.org>> het
>> volgende geschreven:
>>
>>     Hi Jelle,
>>
>>     Hmm, I'll mail fellowship-hackers@ with a request to add my "Dutch"
>>     tagged posts to the Dutch Fellowship Planet, although I have to admit
>>     that I rarely -if ever- write anything in Dutch.

> Hi Kevin,
> That's great!

Nice to see this initiative! Good idea to put some effort in these blogs!

>>     How many active Dutch contributors does the FSFE have, by the way?
>>     (I'm just curious, because I would only know four, including myself.)
>>

> I think Maurice can tell more about how many Dutch contributers we have.
> He's the Dutch coordinator and has all the lists.

Well there are many on the mailinglists (BNL & NL). But right now I know
of about 6 people (including us three) in NL that are working on stuff.

>>     Some countries have national team pages; like Germany
>>     (https://fsfe.org/de/), France (https://fsfe.org/fr/), and Italy
>>     (https://fsfe.org/it/), but there doesn't appear to be a Dutch / Benelux
>>     page. (Or am I missing something?)

That's right. Not sure if we should add a "team" page. IMHO we are just
getting started in NL. As soon as we have some more stuff to say (for
instance about the EDU campaign, the crypto-parties and some other
stuff) it might be time to start a team page. If it gives you more
"weight" in your dealings with politicians, than let me know/

Right now the only place we are "using" is the fellowship wiki ->
https://wiki.fsfe.org/groups/BNL?highlight=%28\bCategoryFellowshipGroup\b%29

Its open to all fellows and if anybody else would like to help please
join in! We can cross-link/post blogs there for instance.

Please keep in mind that in IMHO we only need one place for now... let's
focus effort (especially on irl activities like the crypto-parties and
NL-EDU campaign). This makes sure we have stuff to write about and
prevents multiple places to maintain, as this is much work already.

> I don't think there's a Benelux team page yet. There's still a lot of
> work to do on the web front, especially regarding translations.

Also for the BNL the wiki is the place to go right now. At FOSDEM I'll
discuss with Mauricio what we can do in this regard.

Kind regards,

Maurice