Status of a Belgian FSFE chapter and lepacte.be 2014 ?

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas at pettiaux.be
Wed Sep 18 19:08:14 CEST 2013

Dear,

I would like to know what are the status of a Belgian chapter of the FSFE ?
is there one ? Who runs it ? Which language does it use mainly ? What are
its activities today ?

I want to move forward with http://lepacte.be before the next elections on
May 25, 2014. In about a month we'll send a detailed survey to the
signatories (all candidates to different levels at the 2009, 2010 and 2012
elections) with respect to their commitments. We'll propose to meet the
candidates and elected people (the prime minister and most if not all the
federal and french speaking regional ministers have signe the pact of
digital freedoms in Belgium) to discuss the case and make some concrete
proposals. We'll also tell them that by end January 2014 we'll pubblish
their answers.

I have hopes that in the French speaking side, we'll have meetings. I have
already 2 with 2 parties this week. in the Dutch speaking part, it does not
go so well. Steve De Herdt has done much work in 2010 but we have not had
any time nor energy or 2012 in Flemish.

Would any of you be intrested in jumping in ?

I would like to have such an action made in belgium under the auspices of
the FSFE Belgian chapter. Does this looks realistic ?

Best regards,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - +32 496 24 55 01 - http://rmll.info - http://lepacte.be