Meeting at FOSDEM, upcoming venues and discussion

jelle at jellehermsen.nl jelle at jellehermsen.nl
Sat Feb 9 12:55:27 CET 2013

Hiya,
Thanks for the update Sam.

Doing something on May 5th could be interesting. One concern (that has
been mentioned here before) is that liberation day is still a bit tied
in with WWII, in which we celebrate our being free/liberated in relation
to not being in war/occupied. Imho it wouldn't feel right to hijack this
for our own agenda, but I'm not sure this would be the case and I'm  not
aware of unnamed conventions surrounding this.

Anyway, if we were to do something on May 5th, we might take the yearly
theme into considiration, which - for this year - can be found on:
http://www.4en5mei.nl/documenten/jaarthema/jaarthema_2013_-_vrijheid_spreek_je_af.pdf

> Cool. I stopped buying that a while ago, though. Will those articles
> be
> available online perchance?
Of course, I will post them on my FSFE blog :). On this note, I think
it might be a good idea for everybody to add your blogs to the FSFE
planet (if you haven't already). We can even have a Dutch planet. To add
your blog posts in your fellowship blog to the Dutch planet you can
simply categorize them as "Dutch". I know we're multilingual in the
Benelux, but I think that in order to grow in NL and Flanders we should
take the people that aren't as fluent in English into consideration like
many FLOSS-projects have.

Cheers,
Jelle