fsfe-nl

Jelle Hermsen jelle at fsfe.org
Tue Oct 23 18:34:37 CEST 2012

On 10/23/12 14:44, Rutger van Sleen (NLLGG) wrote:
> Jelle Hermsen schreef op 19-10-2012 10:43:
>> Just wondering, does this also mean that you're signing up for the
>> task? No objections here :-)
>
> Haha :)
>
> I'm afraid not, I'm working on the continuation of NLLGG and takes
> most of my free time. But I'm willing to talk about what to do and
> maybe the NLLGG can offer some help with this.
Great. There hasn't been that much happening at the dutch side of FSFE
lately. I guess we're all busy with our day jobs and such, but there
sure are a lot of plans and ambitions, so your help could definitely
come in handy.

> Pity you can't be there, I think it would be best if everyone is kept
> uptodate through this list.
Yeah, I think it's best if we use the mailing list as main "hub" for our
communications. In the past there were some who favored meeting IRL and
doing most decision making there and then, but as we're not all able to
meet at the same time and those times are scarce anyway, I believe it
might be best if we use the mailing list as if we're all living
continents apart, just like regular FLOSS-projects do :-)

Maybe we can kick off some discussion about what we want to accomplish
with FSFE in the lowlands. To summarize discussions we had a while ago,
one of the first things would be to show our face at conferences and
maybe use our NL (BNL?) team to relieve Rainer a bit.
Another thing which is important are translations. I translated the
monthly newsletter for a while, but I stopped doing this a while ago,
putting more time directly into FLOSS-projects. I think it might be a
good idea if we can get the Dutch translations on the road again, but
especially regarding the website this is a bit of a Sisyphus task when
you try to do it solo.

For me it's not that easy to make it to conferences in the weekend, and
fosdem et al, because I'm the main care giver of two daughters. So
unless I can push my own work aside during the week (I'm self-employed
so that's doable) I won't be able to show my face much. Therefor I would
love the idea of using this mailing list as the main spot for
discussions and decision making.

Cheers,
Jelle