Dutch coordinator

Jelle Hermsen jelle at fsfe.org
Sun Nov 11 19:36:12 CET 2012

Hi Maurice et al,
Great that you've taken on the challenge of filling Marks big boots :).

In the meantime I'm calling it quits with volunteering for FSFE. I have
put quite some time into FSFE the last couple of years: translating
pages on the website, newsletters, helping out with the PDFreaders
campaign, sending out letters, helping to spread awareness of FSFE in
NL, and looking into Dutch and Belgian tax laws to try to achieve tax
deductible donations.

I really like FSFE and adore its goals, but personally I don't like the
idea that you have to stand on the sideline if you can't make it to
live-meetings easily. I have asked multiple times for the mailing list
to be our central hub of communication and decision making, or at least
to be kept in the loop, just like how it usually works in Free Software
projects, but unfortunately this is not the way things work here. The
first news on the meeting at T-Dose reaching the mailing list two weeks
after the fact merely supports this. Anyway, I'm not aggrieved or
anything, I can understand this is the way the cookie crumbles,
especially when a group like ours make up such a small geographical
area.  Accepting this fact, I think that's it's better to spend my time
elsewhere in the world of FLOSS.

I wish you all the best of luck.
Cheers,
Jelle