Time to get in touch with Parliament, before March 1st

Jan Stedehouder jan at stedehouder.org
Mon Feb 27 08:38:11 CET 2012

Good morning everyone,

On March 1st the Dutch Parliament will discuss a number of ICT-related
topics, including the report by the Dutch Audit Chamber about possible
costs-savings resulting from implementing open standards and open source
software. If all goes well, Arjan el Fassed (Green Party) will also bring
up the Unlocking education-campaign.

As of 31st of December the responsibilities for implementing the Dutch open
standards- and open source policy is fragmented over various organizations,
most of them out of the scope of democratic supervision by Parliament. The
Unlocking education-campaign aims at realizing legislation in which the use
of open standards is mandatory for all organizations receiving governmental
funding. The why and how of this legislation is something we need to get
across to all political parties in Parliament.

Thus, I'd like to ask all of you to get in touch with MP's who are part of
the committee that meets coming Thursday (
http://www.tweedekamer.nl/kamerleden/commissies/biza/samenstelling.jsp).
Write them, give them a call, antyhing. I've written an article about this
request (in Dutch) with reference to backgroundmaterials:

http://www.janstedehouder.nl/2012/02/24/tijd-om-te-gaan-bellen-of-schrijven-voor-open-onderwijstoegang-en-een-open-overheid/

Thank you very much,

Jan Stedehouder