How to achieve tax-deductable donations in Belgium

Reinhard Müller reinhard at fsfe.org
Thu Feb 16 20:05:55 CET 2012

Hi, Jelle!

A big THANK YOU!! for the work you and Sam have been doing to collect
this information. I'll have to sort out with others (like Karsten) which
is the best way (and timing) to get the required documents sent to the
Ministry of Finances in Brussels.

I'm not sure on one specific point: can you explain this sentence a bit
more:
"spending no more than 20 percent of its means of subsistence of any
kind to cover the costs for the general management, in advance
compensated for subsistence that comes from other recognized
organizations"

Besides the "in advance compensated" part, which I'm not sure I
understand what it means, I would be interested whether there is an
useful definition of "costs for the general management".

Thanks,
Reinhard