[NLedu] Researching accessibility of Silverlight-based websites

Karsten Gerloff gerloff at fsfeurope.org
Fri Nov 25 15:57:26 CET 2011

Hi Jan,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 01:28:33PM +0100, Jan Verlaan wrote:
> following this topic from the beginning and notice a focus to blame MS more and more.
> The campagne is not started specifically to bash MS and his products. In principal users must have the choice to use every system, including MS.
> The campagne is started to force the (education)marked to comply on Open Standards resulting in no student, teacher, parent is locked out of the education building despite which system the user uses.
> Please focus on using Open Standards and the disadvantages if not using them, do not focus on bashing MS. That's done into the past already many times unsuccessfully.

I fully agree. Those doing the wrong thing here aren't Microsoft,
it's the Ministry of Education (and other education authorities).

Our message is a positive one, namely that Open Standards provide
accessibility for everyone.

Whether Silverlight is good software or not (for whatever "good"
means) isn't actually the question here.

Best regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Gerloff                      [ ]   <gerloff at fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe   [ ][ ][ ]      [http://fsfe.org]

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).