FSFE promotion on festival(s) on May 5th?

spa8blauw spa8blauw at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 2 13:44:57 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I was thinking about the idea that open source should get a place in the
happenings on the 5th of May.
It is relevant to human freedom after all and lately this freedom is
being threatened by government regulations etcetera.
I suppose it is a bit late to suggest activities, but I wanted to throw
it in the group anyways. At least it could be an ideal date for an OSS
event for a wide public, given that it's a holiday, while often events
are held on weekdays and therefor just attract techies.
Were there activities on this date before?

Deborah.