ideeën

Rainer Kersten rk at office.fsfeurope.org
Fri Feb 18 14:51:54 CET 2011

Hi folks!

Sorry fo replying in English. My written dutch ehm... is more
ehm... "africaans". ;-)

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:38:03AM +0100, Martijn Brekhof wrote:
> Maar op FOSDEM hebben we eindelijk de FSFE-NL meeting gehad.
> (...)

This meeting was really nice! Many thanks to all attendents! :-)

> (...)
> Inrichten van een centrale plek waar info over FSFE-BNL te vinden is.
> (...)

See below.

> >> * Welke conferenties/congressen in NL (of elders) zullen we sieren
> >> met
> >>   onze aanwezigheid.
> Niet besproken. Weet iemand trouwens of er ergens een agenda (online)
> wordt bijgehouden mbt ICT conferenties?

Well, my actual plan shows:

12.05.2011 NLUUG VjConf Ede
??.11.2011 NLUUG NjConf Ede
??.11.2011 T-Dose Eindhoven

I would really appreciate to see a team growing which will be able to
take over the responsibility of organising FSFE booths in the Netherlands
in mid-term. It is not that I don't like to come - the opposite is true! ;-)
But the more teams are taking over local/regional activities, the more
I can focus on other countries.

Please feel free to add more useful events to the above list. At first,
I would like to ask you kindly to take over the communication with the
organisers, as you are "cultural closer". ;-)
When necessary and useful, I can bring you in touch with them.
I will help wherever and whenever I can until you tell me you don't need
me anymore. ;-)

> Binnenkort document freedomday ook in NL: http://documentfreedomday.nl/
> Dat is op woensdag 30 maart. Ik weet niet of het mogelijk is om daar
> een booth neer te zetten.

What is the problem regarding a booth there?

> Moeten we denk ik Bas de Lange voor contacten.... (Zit hij niet ook op
> deze mailing-list? ).

Kan ik niet zien. Elke email adress is dat?

> Zijn er vervolgens ook fellows die beschikbaar zijn om daar een booth te runnen?

Wij mut iedere keer voor Fellows fragen - niet alleen up dese list.
Normaal lupt dat well.

> Ik zal proberen om er aanwezig te zijn. Ik kan echter niets beloven.
> (Sales van AT Computing zit een beetje in de weg en probeert me met
> alle macht daar van weg te houden).
>
> Op 12 mei is er de NLUUG voorjaarsconferentie. Ik kan dan niet :(.

See above: It is on my plan. So I will be there, most likely. It might
be a good opportunity to meet again and to get more used to handle an
FSFE booth.

> > 2) Centrale plek om plannen, afspraken, events, agenda's e.d. neer te
> > zetten:
>
> Moet er inderdaad komen. Ik wil voorstellen om bij Soleus
> (https://soleus.nu/) een VPS te huren
> en daar dan Drupal op te zetten.

I would like to recommend wholehartely to check all the existing options
at fsfe.org/fellowship.fsfe.org. A mail to web@ and/or Matthias "Matze"
Kirschner, the Fellowship Coordinator (mk at office.fsfeurope.org) will
surely produce an answer with explainations of all the possibilities.

Most likely, FSFE _does_ have all technical features you are looking for.
With highest respect, I can't see the advantage of adding another
domain with another backend to promote the Netherland Fellowship Group.
But I can see lot of advantages by being present on the existing Websites
/Wiki/Planet/Blog/$whatever - especially the advantage of being connected to
the other groups and activities very close.

> Past goed bij de filosofie.

This is true! A cooperation with Soleus might be discussed whenever their
services seem to be useful to us. I like them very much, personally.

> @ML Kunnen we wellicht daar financiering voor krijgen via FSFE?

As all hosted services of FSFE are actually sponsored by an IT Company
at Düsseldorf, this question seems to be solved.

> (...)
> Alles wat onder de naam FSFE wordt gepubliceerd wordt eerst uitvoerig
> gereviewed.

This is true and necessary. But up to now there have never been problems
around that issue. _If_ FSFE made remarks on to-be-published statements,
is has been improvements. ;-)

> (...)
> Ik neem aan dat het doorzetten van officiele persberichten wel zo
> doorgezet kunnen worden
> naar nederlandse media. Zitten we alleen met het verifieren van de vertaling ;).

There is an existing workflow for press releases including a tool for
collaborated editing. I think Karsten can tell more about that
(as soon as he is well again). Or ask Matze. ;-)

Hoping to have arisen the confusion to the maximum,

I remain,

Bowing deep
Rainer