Dutch GOUD tender needs work

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 3 14:39:05 CEST 2008

A friend has told me that the Dutch government has issued a tender that
blatantly violateds the government's own open standards statements or
policies.  It's a tender from about 7 ministries for 22,000 desktop
computers with specific references to MS technologies such as Active
Directory when LDAP would suffice.

The tender's called "GOUD" and the choice of technologies is expected to be
used by the government for the next 5-10 years.

This could be stopped either by writing to the Dutch government or to the
European Commission, but writing such a letter takes work to find the
relevent Dutch government policies or European laws, who to send it to etc.

If we want a government to take a stand against rigged tenders, the Dutch
government seems a good candidate due to it's outspoken support of open
standards.

Is anyone interested in working on this?
(or does anyone know of free software supporters already working on it?)

--
Ciarán O'Riordan, +32 477 36 44 19, http://ciaran.compsoc.com/

Support free software, join FSFE's Fellowship: http://fsfe.org

Recent blog entries: