Dutch govt document on open standards and free software

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Fri Jan 11 13:11:58 CET 2008

The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs has published a 33 page PDF on "The
Netherlands in Open Connection; An action plan for the use of Open Standards
and Open Source Software in the public and semi-public sector.":

http://appz.ez.nl/publicaties/pdfs/07ET15.pdf
(I cannot find a PDF version in Dutch.  Anyone else?)

You can also get a copy posted to you via:
English: http://appz.ez.nl/bestel/toon.asp?id=07ET15
Dutch:   http://appz.ez.nl/bestel/toon.asp?id=07et14

For definitions (pages 27 & 28), they've used the European Commission's
IDABC definition of open standards, plus two clarifications, and the Open
Source Initiative's definition of free software / open source software.

It mentions that "Forty-seven government organisations, including a large
number of local authorities, have already signed the 'Manifesto of the Open
Government Organisations'" - but I can't find this manifesto online.  It
might be online but under a Dutch name.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ Support Free Software and GNU/Linux
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \     Join FSFE's Fellowship: