Starting meetings in the Netherlands

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu Aug 7 17:41:24 CEST 2008

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl> writes:
>> Would it be possible to have some meetings in The Netherlands
>
> Definitely!  We just need to pick a date and a venue.
>
> I've started organising meetings in Brussels and Dublin because they're two
> cities I know well, but the next on the list are Utrecht and then somewhere
> in France.
>
> For larger meetings every three months, most Dutch people I've asked said
> that Utrecht is the most central location.
>
> Maybe we should have one or two smaller meetings first.  Is Utrecht also a
> good place to have a small meeting?
>
> If we decided to have a meeting on Thursday August 28th in Utrecht, could
> someone suggest a quiet cafe near Utrecht Centraal?
>
> (Because I don't know the Dutch free software community, I hope Dutch list
> members can tell me if August 28th clashes with any other meetings/events.)

I know that the Dutch Linux user group organizes meetings in Utrecht,
maybe we can ask them to facilitate some starting meetings?

http://www.nllgg.nl/

I had a few personal email suggestion, in response to my previous post,
witch is great! If those people feel like it they can sent the message
also to this list.

I want to suggest the following:

Maybe we can combine it with a Debian meeting and BBQ that I like to attend:

Saturday 16 August 2008
Dutch Debian birthday party
Location: Scouting Shawano's, Oegstgeest, NL

http://wiki.debian.org/Debian15th/NlOcc
http://opencommunitycamp.org/trac/wiki/Program
http://www.opensourceagenda.nl/

Kind regards,