Question about a guy

Stefan Champailler schampailler at skynet.be
Tue Nov 13 21:15:58 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to gather information about the people who are working in the field
of FLOSS in Belgium and also related to OpenOffice . I do this with the hope
of finding a little place where I could help FLOSS to thrive, preferably
close to my job @ SMALS.

Does anybody know what's that guy :

http://vandenabeele.com/

is doing exactly ? He seems to promote OO quite alot.

He gave a talk here :

http://nl.opendocsociety.org/oprichtingsbijeenkomst

Where he was apparently talking for Fedict. A rumor told me that the ISO
committee that voted "nothing" for OOXML had only one gov member, somebody
from Fedict. Is that guy the ISO one ?

(btw, I also heard that the Belgian ISO vote was somewhat not democratic, but
that's just a rumor, anybody can clear the FUD ?)

Interestingly, another guy was with him at that opensociety event : Patrick
Durusau who (according to his homepage) was part of the
OpenDocumentFoundation...

Any links ?

(tell me if I'm off topic...)

stF