[Freedomvote] Update Freedomvote NL

Nico Rikken nico.rikken at fsfe.org
Tue Feb 21 23:48:13 CET 2017

Hi all,

Just a small update on Freedomvote NL:

We made some nice progress during FOSDEM, especially for 'hacking' the
website to be based around parties, and formulating questions.

Finishing the website, finalizing the questions, and contacting
organizations took longer than planned, so only last Friday we sent out
emails to the parties. Tomorrow we'll bump it again, so that we'll get
more responses.
Until now a couple of smaller parties have responded, probably because
they are more agile. We really need to get some more prominent parties
involved to make this a success.

It is becoming more of a community effort now, as we debate questions
and reflect on the technicalities of the website.

I'm not sure how much of the upstream Freedomvote software bugs I'll be
able to fix, as my current focus is on motivating parties, and then
promoting the platform in the various media.

The work on a redesigned frontend looks promising, and might be of
interest for all upcoming Freedomvote projects: https://github.com/free
domvote/frontend

@Erik, how could I best promote Freedomvote in the context of the FSFE?
Can I do fsfe.org posts rather than planet blog posts?

If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me!

Kind regards,
Nico