[Freedomvote] Freedomvote NL

Simon Wächter waechter.simon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:24:30 CET 2016

Dear André et all and the people from Adfinis SyGroup

You contacted me with with the question how to setup and get started
with Freedomvote for the next election in the Netherlands

> 1.    Where can we find the software?

You can get the software from
https://github.com/adfinis-sygroup/freedomvote and run it a s a Docker
container.

> 2.    What do we exactly need from the government: data (name, e-mail

For the Swiss parliament election, we contacted all parties in each
state in Switzerland and asked them, if they would like to
participate. In case they would like to, they should send a list of
all names and email addresses of their politicians. As a reason of
that, we received CSV and Excel files including their full name, their
email address and often phone number and even private address. As soon
you have these information, you can import them via an API in
Freedomvote and it will generate accounts which contain the full name,
the email address (Hidden for the public), their state and party and a
private link for editing their profile. At this point you can write a
mail template and send a batch mails to all candidates (Because you
have their name, email address and their private account link).

I dropped Nicolas Christener a mail (He was one of the responsible
persons from Adfinis SyGroup) and he is willing to help as much as
possible. I think also Jonas Metzener and David Vogt would be willing
to help - they both developed the platform.

For specific questions ho to import the data into the Freedomvote
platform, Jonas should be your guy (I am unable to find my scripts and
notes from last year....).

Regards,
Simon

PS: freedomvote at lists.fsfe.org is a list where all these people are
subscribed, so this list is the most easy way to communicate, because
also other could benefit (For example Max Mehl).