[Free-RTC] Free RTC dev-room for FOSDEM 2017- volunteers needed

George Kiagiadakis gkiagia at tolabaki.gr
Fri Sep 2 16:17:31 CEST 2016

Hi Daniel,

On 09/01/2016 07:42 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> FOSDEM wants applications for dev-rooms in about a week
>
> The previous admins have already had some private email discussions and
> we are keen to repeat the dev-room and Real-time lounge
>
> Who else is interested in participating or helping in any way?

I was also thinking about doing something in FOSDEM related to free RTC
and/or telepathy in particular, so I'd be happy to participate in a free
RTC dev-room.

> What did you (or didn't you) like about the dev-room this year?
>
> Does anybody have ideas about how we can improve the dev-room or lounge?

To be honest, I haven't really participated there in the previous years,
so I don't have a clue.

> Volunteering duties include:
>
> - introducing speakers
>
> - operating the video camera (supplied by FOSDEM)
>
> - controlling access to the room when it becomes too full
>
> - speaking to visitors in the lounge
>
> - giving talks and demos, in the RTC dev-room, other dev-rooms,
> lightning talks and main tracks.  e.g. I gave a talk about the
> telepathy-reSIProcate project in the Desktops dev-room this year

I am thinking about hosting a discussion regarding telepathy development
and/or a talk related to user experience in free RTC solutions.

I am of course also willing to help with any other tasks needed to run
the room.

Regards,
George