[Free-RTC] outreachy project Improving voice, video and chat communication with free software

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Oct 17 15:49:08 CEST 2016

On 17/10/16 14:14, Sonal Bhadani wrote:
> Dear Sir ,
>
> I am Sonal Bhadani ,  third year postgraduate student  at Department of
> Computer Science, National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur , India.
>
> I am interested in project idea Improving voice, video and chat
> communication with free software. I am proficient in ,Java, Javascript ,
> JQuery , with basic skill set in c++ .
>
> I am very passionate in learning and exploring new technologies .  I
> give my full commitment and time for learning and developing this
>  project. I would like to discuss the project idea and valuable
> contributions with you.

The deadline is only a few hours away now (19:00 UTC)

You need to log in to https://outreachy.gnome.org ASAP and submit an
application

As you mentioned Java first in your list of skills, you may want to
consider contributing to Lumicall or one of the libraries it uses, I
discussed that in this email on Friday:
https://lists.fsfe.org/pipermail/free-rtc/2016-October/000311.html

To be considered, you could mention those topics in your application and
you also need to make some small contribution to one of the projects
today, before the deadline, even if it is just fixing a small bug.  If
you have recently contributed to another free software project and there
is a record of your contribution in Github or some other public place,
please send a link to it.

Regards,

Daniel