[Free-RTC] FOSDEM dev-room scheduling ideas

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Nov 17 21:21:17 CET 2016

Hi all,

I had a quick look in FOSDEM Pentabarf.  Like last year, we are making
good progress (I think we may have more than any other dev-room at this
point).  Even if we are swamped with proposals like last year,  the
dev-room admins will do everything to make sure everybody gets to
participate somehow.

Some topics for discussion:

- do we try to group the talks, or just mix them up?  How to group them?
 E.g. SIP in the morning, XMPP after lunch?  Or server-side stuff in the
morning, WebRTC in the middle and client-side stuff last?

- do we want to try and have any panel discussions, debates, or other
time slots that are not strictly talks?

- can any of our speakers go into other dev-rooms on the Sunday?  We
have a room that takes 80 people, but some of the talks may need a
bigger room.  Dev-room admins can co-ordinate behind the scenes to try
and get bigger rooms for promising talks.  If any speakers already see
other rooms where your talk would be relevant, especially if it is on
the Sunday (RTC is Saturday), please tell us.

Regards,

Daniel