[Free-RTC] Project ideas

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Fri Mar 25 18:50:08 CET 2016

On Friday, March 25, 2016 07:29:23 AM Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 25/03/16 00:49, Diane Trout wrote:
> > would either of these be decent projects?
> >
> > A jabber/jingle echo server would be really helpful for testing. There
> > were
> > rumors of one but it disappeared.
>
> That would be interesting, there are also some ideas in Redmine about an
> RTC service probe:
>
> https://project.freertc.org/projects/rtc-server-probe-development/issues
>
> I would like to track your suggestion as a Redmine issue too.  Do you
> believe it should be implemented as a standalone project or as a module
> to run inside a Prosody server instance?

I think it should act like a client, so it should work with any XMPP server.
I'd found several useful SIP test services, but nothing for XMPP

music at iptel.org (connect plays music)
http://thetestcall.blogspot.com/ (Several addresses, several functions)
http://bluejeans.com/111 can be used to setup a video call test.

Probably the minimal implementation would either send a test pattern or send
back a transformed video stream and record then play back sound.

Diane