[Free-RTC] Introduction for GSoC

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Fri Mar 25 15:15:40 CET 2016

On 25/03/16 14:27, Nik V wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I have added it to my proposal on the wiki
> and google's site. I have trouble fully understanding the description of
> the issues in redmine about the WebRTC server probe, however. Could you
> expand on what exactly it is I need to develop? And what kind of details
> should I add on the debian wiki?

The RTC server probe is not just for WebRTC, but also SIP, XMPP, STUN,
TURN and maybe others.

It should be similar in concept to the sites that do SMTP MX server
probes, e.g. look at this site and type in "pocock.pro":

http://mxtoolbox.com/

and in the results, click the "SMTP Test" link next to one of the servers.

On the Debian wiki, you need to describe your project, start with a copy
of the details you submitted in the Google site and then elaborate it
with anything else that may help us evaluate your project.  Hint: look
at the list of students selected by Debian in 2015 and then go and see
their wiki pages.

Regards,

Daniel