[Free-RTC] Introduction for GSoC

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Fri Mar 25 08:10:14 CET 2016

On 24/03/16 22:20, Nik V wrote:
> Thanks, I've been able to fix the issue and posted my proposal:
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/StudentApplications/NikVaes.
> I'm not sure if the 3 issues I want to work on is enough or if I need to
> add another (small) task. If time is permetting (because it already is
> so close to the deadline) would it be possible to get some feedback?

Hi Nik,

This could also be done as a Java project, using JSP, servlets or
another Java web API:

https://project.freertc.org/projects/rtc-server-probe-development/issues?set_filter=1

so please add that to your plan.  I would suggest doing things in this
order:

1. Camel component
2. Web RTC checker (issue #23 and #24 in Redmine)
3. ICE / TURN related work with Jitsi code (this is actually quite
advanced and you may only be able to make incremental improvements to
this code, we can discuss in more details on the Jitsi mailing list)

I've also contacted a couple of other very experienced Java developers
to see if they may be interested in helping expand your proposal or
co-mentoring any part of this.  The Google site is locked at the
deadline tonight but you will be welcome to put more details about
yourself on the Debian wiki after the deadline.

Regards,

Daniel