[Free-RTC] Introduction

Alok Anand alok4nand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:44:23 CET 2016

Hi,

I am a B.Tech Computer Science student from India. I would like to
contribute to Debian for GSoC 2016. I came across Daniel Pocock's blog and
liked the idea of "Improving voice, video and chat communication with free
software" [1].

I have been using C, C++ and Python for around 5-6 years now and hence,
quite proficient in them. I'm also familiar with various networking
protocols. I have always been interested in security and privacy of
communications. Recently, I successfully completed Season Of KDE 2015. The
project involved writing a Security Handler for Poppler. My contributions
can be seen here [4].

I went through the FreeRTC issues[2] and found the feature request to
"Create a Telepathy Connection Manager for Tox protocol"[3] quite
interesting. It's already time, but I would like to give it a fair shake
and submit a proposal for this project.

--
Regards,
Alok Anand