[Free-RTC] FOSDEM Real Time devoom: call for help

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Jan 25 15:55:01 CET 2016

On 24/01/16 23:00, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> no special experience with video recording devices, technique, etc...
> but if it is about pointing a camera towards the speaker, stop/start
> at the beginning/end of presentations, then I can try to help during
> the morning, up to my presentation. Hopefully at least a second person
> will be around, so we can take short breaks. Also, I could back up the
> person that presents the speakers/takes care that speakers stick to
> slot durations.

I'm hoping that it won't be necessary to start and stop the camera, if
it is recording and streaming continuously that is one less thing that
can go wrong.

It is not a huge room so I don't know if it is amplified.  The person
operating the camera may need to keep an eye on the audio meter to make
sure speakers' voices are being recorded.  That is just a guess though,
as I know nothing about the systems that are in place.

Requests for more details were raised on the devroom-managers list and
hopefully there will be feedback soon.

Regards,

Daniel