[Free-RTC] volunteering opportunities (was: breaking news: RTC coming to FOSDEM 2016 main track)

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Jan 11 17:24:00 CET 2016

On 11/01/16 17:15, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 22/12/15 18:38, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Due to the intense interest in the RTC theme, we need some extra help
>> from volunteers, please reply on this thread if you would like to help
>> with anything before or during FOSDEM.
>>
> can some of the admins make a list/summary of what is still
> needed/wanted, so the others can see if their availability allow to pick
> some of the tasks?

Here are the things we need help with:

- people to operate the video camera in the dev-room, need to meet about
9:30 on Saturday, 30 January, for some training.  This gets you a
guaranteed seat even if the room is full.

- some volunteers to help introduce the speakers - the dev-room admins
will hopefully be able to do some of this but there are usually other
tasks that come up during the day and if anybody is willing to do this
they will have a guaranteed seat too.

- writing blogs and tweets and whatever you like to promote the
dev-room, lounge and main track and encourage people to join this list

- participation in the real-time lounge on both days

- helping with the telephony and XMPP dinner plans, as discussed in the
other email thread