[Free-RTC] FOSDEM Saturday night dinner (30 January 2016)

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Jan 11 12:11:11 CET 2016

On 09/01/16 11:50, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I asked on Kamailio forums to see what it is the interest and, while not
> yet all firmly confirmed, there are 18 people so far that consider
> participating to a dinner. I think it will be hard to manage organzing
> an all-rtc dinner/drinks event, expecting other projects or foundations
> will have their own big group as well.
Yes, given the size of restaurants in Brussels, I suspected that might
not be practical for everybody in one place.

> Traditionally we did it on the fashion that everyone pays what he/she
> eats/drinks, although quite often we ended up just splitting the bill by
> number of participants. Collecting sponsorships in advance adds some
> overhead that we didn't want to deal with in the past, so unless the
> sponsor is joining the dinner and pays directly we are not seeking
> sponsorships.

That is quite OK, some dinners do apparently manage to find a sponsor
but it is not essential.

> My opinion is to announce the big groups that organize dinners and see
> if are chances to combine. People that are not affiliated to a group can
> join one of the bigger groups based on interest/availability.

Yes, if other groups want to organize through other lists that is
completely OK but it would be nice to provide a summary of all the
options here for the benefit of anybody who is not directly involved in
the existing group, people coming to their first FOSDEM, etc.

I found your Kamailio discussion thread here:
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2016-January/091180.html

The XMPP discussion starts here:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/summit/2016-January/001771.html