[Free-RTC] FOSDEM Real-Time Lounge / stands / demos

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Sun Feb 7 20:10:18 CET 2016

On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 12:56 -0500, Guillaume Roguez wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> We will very happy to present you the Ring platform (https://ring.cx/
> en), a peer-to-peer solution to communicate freely in confidence.
> Soon in bêta version, we will explain you how you can use this
> technology to fit your private and business needs.
> Ring is available on four operating systems and can be associated
> with any connected devices.

Ring looks interesting I hadn't realized it was based on SIP.

Currently telepathy has SIP client telepathy-rakia that's using an
unmaintained version of SofiaSIP. (I've seen a more maintained version
of SofiaSIP elsewhere)

Daniel Pocock started writing a new telepathy connection manager based
on his resiprocate project.

Now I'm wonder if it'd be more useful to write a connection manager
based on PJSIP which seems like it might be possible to support both
the DHT protocol and traditional server based SIP.

Diane