[Free-RTC] FOSDEM Real-Time Lounge / stands / demos

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Nov 30 18:26:34 CET 2015

(please reply to the Free-RTC list[1] only)

As in previous years, we hope to have a real-time lounge adjacent to the
stands in the K building at FOSDEM

For those unfamiliar with the space, here is a photo looking in to the
lounge:
https://xmpp.org/2012/03/fosdem-2012-report/

and here is a photo looking out of the lounge area (in the opposite
direction of the first photo):
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfZv_9mIQAEMaM0.jpg

(can anybody share more photo links?)

The area is quite large, we can fit 3 or 4 tables and maybe 10 or more
banners (hanging or free-standing) could be placed around the walls.

In previous years we have also collaborated with some other stands, for
example, we had a Debian laptop running Jitsi Meet on the Debian stand,
linking to a private wifi in the lounge itself.  This is a win-win
scenario for the RTC community and other projects.

I'd like to use this email thread to ask people to express interest in
the lounge, make suggestions or offer resources.

The XMPP community already has a wiki about FOSDEM and this is probably
the easiest way to keep track of everybody who would like to participate
in the lounge, so please also add your name and project details on the wiki:

http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/FOSDEM_2016

Can anybody from the XMPP community comment on wiki access
rights/account creation?