[Free-RTC] RTC spam?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Nov 10 09:26:49 CET 2015

Hi.

I'm operating my own xmpp/jabber server since a few months ago, and I
have began receiving spam.  This seems like a generic problem affecting
anyone operating open/federated xmpp/jabber servers.  Are there any
guidelines on how to configure free software xmpp server to deal with
spam?  Are there any DNS-based xmpp spam blacklists available?  How do
the existing larger free xmpp communities (FedRTC, debian.org) deal with
spam?

I assume SIP have the same concern, are there any efforts in that
community to deal with spam?

/Simon