[Free-RTC] Introduction and request for help

Emil Ivov emcho at jitsi.org
Mon Sep 30 00:38:04 CEST 2013

On 29 Sep 2013 20:50, "Bas Wijnen" <wijnen at debian.org> wrote:

> > You can also try using http://jit.si to get a feel for how all this
works.

> Is that just a free XMPP server?

Yes, with a Jingle Nodes relay.

>  I don't need that, I have prosody running on
> my own host now,

and according to your reports the setup dedn't seem to be working out that
well.

I suggested you try jit.si to see if that gets you what you need. If it
does, it would provide a working setup that you can then use as a basis for
your own deployment.

Also, you might want to run with Jitsi's default config. As explained,
disabling things because you believe them to be related to Google, could
very well be breaking the whole thing for you.

Emil

--sent from my mobile