[Free-RTC] No RTC related devrooms this FOSDEM, dinner anyone?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Fri Oct 4 10:19:31 CEST 2013

On 04/10/13 10:06, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> On 10/3/13 9:59 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>

>> On 03/10/13 21:14, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> For the past few years we've had a great time at the Open Source
>>> Telephony and Jabber devrooms, but sadly there will be no RTC related
>>> devroom this FOSDEM :-(
>>>
>>> So, RTC enthusiasts out there, how about having some dinner on saturday
>>> while discussing RTC stuff? If enough people want we can try to find a
>>> nice place to eat + drink + talk + rant.
>>>

> Hi Daniel,
>
>> Can you let us know where you heard about this?
>>

> Main FOSDEM website, sorry I missed to post the link:
> https://fosdem.org/2014/news/2013-10-02-accepted-devrooms/
>
>> Maybe we should propose a main track instead?
>>

> Like a panel or individual talks?

Actually, I see their main track deadline passed on 1 October - so if
anybody already put in an RTC-related proposal (I didn't), I hope they
will accept it

Some events don't receive enough compelling main track proposals before
the deadline and they spend a little more time hunting for the optimal
combination of speakers, so it may not be too late for somebody to send
an email privately to the FOSDEM team.  There are several people on this
list who would be a compelling candidate for it.