[Free-RTC] New subscriber

W. van den Akker listsrv at wilsoft.nl
Thu Jun 20 23:09:07 CEST 2013

Hi,

First of all let me introduce myself.
My name is Willem van den Akker from The Netherlands. I am (almost)
maintaining the Jabberd2 and Jabber-muc packages for Debian. After some
mailings with Daniel I ended here.
I am a Solution/Infrastructure Architect at a large ICT company.

I am a supporter of open source. I run a Jabber-server on a production
server and have tested Jitsi with the Jabberd2 package. It is working
well.
Reason for using Jabberd2 instead of EJabberd is the installed size and
language of Jabber. It is C and so a little footprint.

A big con for Jabber is the connectivity with Gtalk. Without a Google
account one can talk to other  Gtalk users. I am very disappointed that
Google will stop the support for XMPP in Google Hangout.

I hope to exchange information on this list.

Greetings,
Willem