[Free-RTC] Escape from PRISM!

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jun 11 17:12:07 CEST 2013

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au>
> There are also some sore points, e.g. the Debian 7 release includes an
> Empathy version that only works with Google's gmail TURN server and
> not the Debian packaged TURN server.  Things like that are going to
> continue frustrating users for some time to come but will eventually
> be ironed out.

I think it's a far bigger frustration that we can't actually call
anyone who's not using the same system yet, and sometimes it won't
even work on the same system, while the debugging logs on either
client or provider often seem to be insufficient to actually find out
why something doesn't work.

I've got jitsi working over XMPP, but damned if I can see how to let
others call in, or call outside the same system with it :-/

The lumicall site says things like "If the VoIP provider supports SIP,
TLS and ICE, it should work" which is great, but what UK VoIP DDI
provider supports all three?  In short, part of the necessary
information for mass use seems to be missing still.  If anyone has it
working, please post step-by-step instructions so others can set
things up and help spread the spoken word.

Thanks,