"Digitalzwang" with German Bahncard (Re: eIDAS 2.0 directive and free Android variants)

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Tue Jan 16 14:17:03 UTC 2024

Hi Thomas,

Am Dienstag 12 Dezember 2023 17:43:57 schrieb Thomas Doczkal:
> On 12/12/23 11:56, Bernhard E. Reiter wrote:
> > Just read today that German's railway company will move
> > from a plastic card to their app for their requent rider card. 🙁

> can you please share the source of information.

there was plenty of reporting (in German):

https://www.heise.de/news/Digitalisierung-Bahncards-der-Deutschen-Bahn-zukuenftig-nur-noch-in-der-DB-App-9569817.html
https://netzpolitik.org/2023/deutsche-bahn-schritt-fuer-schritt-gegen-das-recht-auf-analoges-leben/
https://taz.de/App-Pflicht-bei-der-Bahncard/!5975936/

"Digitalzwang" is a term describing that people are forced to go digital.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute