KDE community Plasma 6 megarelease | Celebrations in the coming weeks

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 13:41:15 UTC 2024

Dear FSFE Community, over the next several weeks KDE will celebrate the
KDE community's Plasma 6 megarelease in locations around the globe.

   https://community.kde.org/Promo/Events/Parties/KDE_6th_Megarelease

Celebrations are planned at the following locations, among others:

  - Málaga, Spain (26 February)
  - Budapest, Hungary (28 February)
  - Nürnberg, Germany (29 February)
  - Cambridge, UK (29 February)
  - Berlin, Germany  (1 March)
  - Barcelona, Spain (2 March)
  - Ljubljana, Slovenia (4 March)
  - Montréal, Canada (8 March)
  - Valencia, Spain (sometime in May)

If you are a KDE user, or you are a Free Software enthusiast and you
want to show support for the work of the KDE community, it's be great to
have you join us -- all are cordially invited! Take a look at the wiki
link above for event details.

And if you are KDE fan or community member/contributor, perhaps you
would like to organize a megarelease party yourself? Don't hesitate to
be in touch with me or the KDE community for organizational support.

Cheers,
Joseph

Links:

"Exploring Plasma 6", Linux Magazine:
https://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2024/280/Plasma-6

"Introducing the KDE Slimbook V, first laptop with Plasma 6", 22 Feb.
announcement:
https://discuss.kde.org/t/introducing-the-kde-slimbook-v-first-laptop-with-plasma-6/10756

"This week in KDE: Inching closer", blog post Nate Graham:
https://pointieststick.com/2024/02/09/this-week-in-kde-inching-closer/

"Support Plasma 6!": https://kde.org/fundraisers/plasma6member/

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social