Cloud Storage service provider with Free Software?

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Wed Nov 8 15:00:24 UTC 2023

Lionel, Joseph, Matthias,

thanks for your additional hints towards Nextcloud service providers. :)

I'm still not decided because Nextcloud is way too much software
for just needing a "network drive" with a bit of storage.
And the extra software parts needs to be maintained somehow.
If I'd be going for nextcould I would try to find a service provider
that pays a bit to nextcloud.

As for the pure remote filesystem clouds my list is
  * https://internxt.com/drive
    (claims to have published Free Software https://github.com/internxt )

(not known if they run Free Software on the backend and frontend (if neeeded))
for the next three:

  * hetzner.com/storage/storage-box
  * Strato Hidrive
  * Dt. Telekom Magenta Cloud

Suggestions for pure remote file storage (without Nextcloud or similiar larger
software packages) are still very welcome.
(As always in Europe and Free Software friendly.)

Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute