Request for help making https://pkg.go.dev/ REUSE compatible

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Fri Jul 14 13:47:10 UTC 2023

Hi eyerybody,

when marking your files nicely with REUSE 3.0
so automatic parsing of licenses and copyright holders is possible

The official Go package directory put you on a disadvantage:
Your documentation will not be shown for "licensing reasons".

Of course, it is not a problem of the license, but that their parser
does not seem to process the REUSE headers and the LICENSES/ directory.

This is a point where help is needed, to spread the use of Free Software
by the REUSE standard, is any of you into Go?

Here is the technical issue that I've found:
  https://github.com/golang/go/issues/40586

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute