Is Matrix a good choice?

Michael Kesper mkesper at schokokeks.org
Thu Mar 17 11:43:30 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Am 17.03.22 um 08:04 schrieb Dr. Trigon:
> Thanks a lot for the details on this decision!
>
> Hmmm, I am wondering whether its fair to say that to me it looks like XMPP development has slowed down and Matrix is still going strong? As I would assume all point from your list could implemented in XMPP as well, right?
> (again this efficiency-centric thinking ;)

Well, many things can happen, so much for sure.
Personally, I won't hold my breath for it, though.

XMPP had such a long time already to evolve into a good standard I fail to see how it could happen anymore.

There was some talk about "easy xmpp" about five years ago, did anyone hear about it afterwards?
Sometimes you need to go with the flow, everything else is just wishful thinking in my opinion.

Best wishes
Michael