Mozilla: "We’re taking a break from Facebook"

Nico Rikken nico.rikken at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 24 06:17:04 UTC 2021

Interesting remarks and helpful to the discussion. Happy to hear that
the Norwegian Data Protection Authority came to that decision.

I just checked the FSFE's Facebook presence
https://www.facebook.com/thefsfe/

The last message is a post linking to other platforms:

This site is inactive.

Apart from our press releases we regularly publish important news about
our work and our campaigns. To ensure you receive them, you can
subscribe to our newsletter: https://fsfe.org/news/newsletter

We are also active on
Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@fsfe
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fsfe
PeerTube: https://peertube.social/video-channels/fsfe_videos
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68ldbHwL_-5qzETqOaAMWQ

There are also many ways to engage and you will surely find a way that
fits your interests and skills:
https://fsfe.org/contribute/contribute.html

Happy hacking!

Regarding the last comment about Facebook using censorship to prevent
users moving elsewhere, that is noteworthy and anti-competitive. The
FSFE post with links to different platforms is still up, so I think
that wouldn't matter for the FSFE.

When will it be time to remove the FSFE page? Or is it the FSFE's
contribution to make Facebook feel like a ghost town?

Best,
Nico