Help with gathering resources for how to learn programming for children book

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Thu Oct 28 11:59:46 UTC 2021

Michael,
thanks for sharing your experiences.

Am Dienstag 26 Oktober 2021 18:38:20 schrieb Michael McMahon:
> Around the age of 10, I would switch them away from drag and drop
> languages to Python or Lua if they were inclined through modifying
> simple games and modifying Minetest mods.

Reading and writing is an important precondition of course.
So is logical thinking and having fun with puzzles.

Do you have experience with
  https://github.com/codecombat/codecombat
and the service based on it?
What I found good is that they were available in German.

So the local language matters a lot, because most children cannot do enough
English at 10 years.

Anyone experiences or even research about board games that should prepare for
coding, like
  https://www.thinkfun.com/type/coding-games/

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute