Re: Help with gathering resources for how to learn programming for children book

Cryptie cryptie at fsfe.org
Tue Oct 12 07:43:56 UTC 2021

Hi all,

What do you think about adding scratch ?
It is a great way for young kids to learn algorithmic and having something fun fast.

We use it in my association with 5y.o. so they can start fast...

BUT
1) They don't provide scratch 3.0 on GNU/Linux (it is installable but it requires a parent able to find and follow a command-line tutorial to install it or you can use one of the website providing it and play in a browser...).

2)  it is a modified BSD licence (+/-) to limit the use of the name Scratch.

Best,

Cryptie

-------
Free Software, Free Society one daily commute at a time.
Free Software Foundation Europe
mailto: cryptie_at_fsfe.org
xmpp: cryptie_at_jabber.fsfe.org