Debian package for REUSE

Otto Kekäläinen otto at debian.org
Mon May 10 03:49:45 UTC 2021

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 2:07 AM Max Mehl <max.mehl at fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> ~ Max Mehl [2021-04-28 15:23 +0200]:
> > But there is no official Debian package yet! And that makes it harder
> > for users and developers who want to improve the reusability of
> > software.
>
> I have been pointed to the following resource that indicates that there
> is an experimental package already that went under our radar so far:
>
>   https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/reuse_0.12.1-1.html
>
> But if someone here is still interested in contributing to this, please
> ping me. Also, I am certain that also Debian Developers are happy to
> receive some help by others :)

I reviewed the Debian packaging at
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/reuse and it looks good to me. Now we
just sit and wait for it to be processed in the Debian NEW queue:
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

If reuse wants to be perfect, please consider shipping a man page so
users can run 'man reuse' on their system. If the output of 'reuse
--help' and 'reuser --version' follow normal conventions, you should
be able to generate a man page with help2man
(https://www.gnu.org/software/help2man/).

- Otto