RCS a standard to supercede SMS and Threema?

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 29 08:23:37 UTC 2021

Harald,

Am Freitag, 26. März 2021, 20:38:59 CEST schrieb Harald Welte:
> This means unless you know how to access this separate
> IP tunnel used for IMS from the application processor, you would not be able
> to write a FOSS or 3rd party RCS client.

okay, that is a downside. And also that you cannot use it anonymously
without mobile phone number, I guess.

But having any standard for encrypted messenging seems better than having many
proprietary walled gardens. So I wonder if we should advertise it more,
despite the drawbacks.

Am Freitag, 26. März 2021, 20:43:28 CEST schrieb Harald Welte:
> Don't expect to be able to digest all of that very quickly.  Cellular
> Networks are known for their mind-boggling complexity.

8)

thanks for your info!

Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Gründungsmitglied der Vollversammmlung    blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard
Unterstütze Freie Software:  https://www.fsfe.org/support/support.de.html