Fairphone should officially sell FP3 with a Free Software Only option

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Sun Mar 14 08:57:39 UTC 2021

A small correction/mea culpa:

Matthias has (and thanks! :) )pointed me to this Mastodon post:

https://social.anoxinon.de/@bruno/105854405626581664

It provides some links showing that there's in fact an official between
Fairphone and the /e/ OS, and that the /e/ foundation is selling
Fairphones with /e/ pre-installed.

So that's great news! It may in fact be an important step for Free
Software on Android. Also, I did not know that when I wrote my post.

But, here's the thing which I still think they could improve: I read the
description on their own web page quite closely. I might have done more
research, but I'd have liked to see the free OS as an option on the shop
page - I wouldn't mind if the option came with a warning against the
missing Google apps, but it would be nice if that option were included
as just one more way to get this fairer phone.

Best,

Carsten