We help projects adopting licensing best practices

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Wed Jun 9 09:17:30 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Today, we've launched REUSE Booster. This is a programme to help Free
Software projects to adopt the REUSE best practices for copyright and
licensing.

Especially if projects contain multiple licenses or a more complex
copyright history, marking this properly can become burdensome. REUSE
assists with this, providing very simple guidelines and tools. In the
end, you'll have a project whose conditions for re-use and copyright
status are clear and unambiguous.

The existing documentation and tools make adopting these best practices
no rocket science at all. However, some projects might prefer a helping
hand, especially if the licensing situation is unclear. These can now
register for getting help by the FSFE's legal experts here:

  https://reuse.software/booster/

The registration is open until 8 July. If you would like to read some
more context, please refer to our today's news:

  https://fsfe.org/news/2021/news-20210609-01.html

We are looking forward to your project's registration. Please also
motivate others to have a look at REUSE. Thank you!

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl